Pages

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Uncharted Film Director Wants To Be Trusted, Says Movie Will Be “Amazing”

Since the recent announcement of his inclusion in the upcoming Uncharted movie, David O. Russell has come under quite a bit of fire. Various disagreements between Russell and players of the Uncharted series have ultimately led to fans questioning how accurately the director will portray the popular franchise. To support their disposition, some enthusiasts have even accused Russell of never playing either of the Uncharted games, and instead simply reading an overall summary.
In a recent interview with Slashfilm, David O. Russell directly responded to the accusations against him.
First, the director commented on the notion that he has never played either of the Uncharted games. In his response, he claims that this statement is false–and that he has in fact played through the series multiple times.
“I’m not going to present myself as hardcore. But I played the game a bunch of times and I also read as much as I could about the game and I met the game’s creator, Amy Hennig, who’s really cool. I started to brew together what I thought could be a really cool idea that I’d never seen in a film before. Really intense action and really intense family dynamics on a global stage.”
Secondly, the director offered assurance, saying that he will respect the Uncharted franchise in its movie adaptation. Solely based on his statement in the interview, Russell seems to believe that the upcoming movie will be ‘amazing’.
“As far as I’m concerned, I’m very respectful as far as the core content and sprit of the game, but beyond that it’s my job as a filmmaker to make what I think is going to be an amazing movie. People have to trust that and let that go, I think. There’s not a bunch of movies you can point to that are made from games that are amazing movies, that stand up to time as a franchise or as [individual films].”
Whether or not the Uncharted movie will deliver on the promises made by the director will have to wait until its release. However, until that time, Russell is simply asking the community to trust him.

No comments:

Post a Comment